Medical bills suck….so we did something about it. The Spot Team is passionate about changing the industry and how insurance is distributed, gone are the days of Go-Fund-Me's or going into debt after an injury.
Spot is the first-of-its-kind injury insurance that pushes our customers to get out and live more, whether they're running their daily errands or on a once in a lifetime adventure with the family. Perfect for people who have active lifestyles, lousy health insurance or no health insurance at all, we earnestly believe breaking a bone shouldn't break the bank.
Our team is set to double this year and we have no plans to slow down. This means you'll have lots of opportunities to take on new challenges and wear many hats. We care about your success and helping you grow to achieve your goals inside and outside of Spot.
We believe in the importance of culture and community and that teams thrive when working in alignment.
Key Values for This Role
Why This Role Is Important to Us
The UX Designer is responsible for translating product requirements and insights into digital experience that delight our customers. This role will take concepts from early sketches and through research, wireframes, and prototypes, evolve them into experiences that account for all stakeholder requirements.
This person is highly skilled in experience design, creating and managing design systems, and empathizing with various customer groups and their respective needs.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, marketing, and business (among other stakeholders) to find user centered, practical solutions to design challenges.
- Deliver fully realized digital experiences and documentation to the software engineering team, using our design system and extending it when needed.
- Partner with visual designers to implement and manage design systems and libraries.
- Autonomously drive your own track of work. Take full ownership and responsibility for every detail, every step of the way.
- Contribute to information design and content strategy across digital channels
- Participate in user research to validate concepts with end-users and stakeholders. Translate insights into value-adding features and actionable deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of our internal user-centered design processes
- 3+ years of professional experience as a UX or Product designer at tech companies or digital agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in design, or sufficient relevant experience in the field
- Experience in a high velocity agile environment
- Experience with the full UX lifecycle from discovery through implementation
- Experience with Figma. Experience managing design systems and libraries is a plus.
- A portfolio that demonstrates practical knowledge
Who You Are
- You have solid design chops. You are detail oriented and a systems thinker.
- You have excellent communication skills together with analytical thinking and problem-solving capability. You love to break down and simplify complex problems and you are confident presenting to mixed audiences at different levels of the organization.
- A strong conceptual thinker with an ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- A proactive and collaborative designer who is willing to share your skills and experience with a multidisciplinary team.
- Constantly looking to refine your designs through feedback, whether through hands-on user research, internal collaboration, or designing options for A/B tests.
A Typical Day Looks Like
- Identify and drive design initiatives that provide continuous improvement to the Spot products.
- Determining which areas of the CX need further analysis in order to achieve key quarterly and monthly goals of the company.
- Work with product managers and development to document and deliver
- Sketch out various product design concepts with the cross-functional product team based on new insights.
Things You Might Brag About
- You’re a strategic thinker but are on fire delivering tactical tasks
- You are principled and will defend your stance until you’re convinced otherwise
- Abstract problems don’t stress you out
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us